Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

DALC's Student Story

Dear Bloggers.



A liar and a fraudster



When I joined DALC, Oborah looked at my KCSE transcript and said I was a good manager and thus should join the management courses. Mark you, I was straight out of high school and this career expert claimed I was management material. My parents were naturally overjoyed by the news and Oborah played into their psyche by claiming , “infact, this suit I am wearing was bought by one of the students who was recently hired by the world bank from DALC”. At that point, we were all convinced by this smooth talking con. He threw in a couple of stories about his UK degrees and work experience + his research in Gift and Talent Testing.



We were quickly boxed and my parents paid the entire fees so that my learning would not be interrupted. That’s was the biggest mistake of my life and when I told my parents that DALC was fishy, Oborah told them I was lazy and had in fact failed to complete my assignments. And they believed him. I had to go to DALC no matter what and I decided to snoop around and in no time, I had enough evidence to convince my parents that DALC was fake. Especially his fake degree of the WIDU.



They were shocked that they had been tricked, scammed and defrauded. Then they were angry that this man was still appearing on TV with his DALC infomercials about 22nd century education. My dad took it up with the CHE and nothing came of it, absolutely nothing. Close to 250,000 was lost in addition to 8 months.



Needless to say that I have joined a proper University. One that does not conduct Gift and Talent Testing, one that is not run by a maverick and certainly does not promise some Cambridge & Oxford degrees. It does not have 100+ courses but with it. I am sure I can forge a future.



What about those Kenyans that are being conned by Oborah? What are we going to do as responsible citizens.

29 comments:

Post a Comment