Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2009

LAMENTATION OF A DALC STUDENT WHO LOST 200,000 IN THE SCAM

from
to********@gmail.com
dateFri, Jan 23, 2009 at 12:48 PM
subjectRE; DALC EXPOSURE
mailed-bygmail.com



hi,
i agree with you regarding DALC exposure. i graduated with a post graduate diploma, but the certificate is lying on my room shelf almost worthless.

it turns out that C.H.E does not recognize the post graduate diploma(PGD) offered by DALC.The only qualification DALC has been given approval by CHE is a Diploma certificate. anything above that is not recognized by CHE.

Upon graduating i took my PGD certificate to my employer. as policy, my employer consulted CHE on the qualification. it is then that i received the shock of my life - CHE were very categorical that a post graduate diploma can only be offered by tertiary institution - say University of Nairobi for example. a college status institution like DALC is not mandated to offer a Post graduate diploma.With that my DALC PGD was dismissed as fake.hence my employer upto date has refused to recognize the certificate on the basis of CHE's recommendation.
angry and embarrassed, i visited CHE offices and actually clarified that DALC is swindling students their hard earned money in the pretext of offering a PGD.I confronted Obwora who seemed as shocked as i was about the status of DALC's PGD qualification.

Instead of wallowing in self pity and bitterness, i decided to enroll for Higher Diploma offered by K.N.E.C as a substitute for DALC's PGD.God willing i will sit for my final exams this July.At least i will qualify with a certificate i can be proud of which has no controversy and is guaranteed of accelerating my career.i only wish i took this direction earlier.Short cut is indeed expensive.
current and prospective students should take care to jump out of the ship before it sinks.it's no worth to pursue a qualification, spent hard earned cash (above Ksh. 200,000.00) and time only later to be informed by the authorities that the paper is fake.

thanks to wisdom gained from my experience with DALC - If it's controversial leave it!

anonymous

5 comments:

Post a Comment